Thursday, April 21, 2005

Book Meme...passed on by Anti...the superstar on blogger

Thanks for the dubious honors, Anti......I have to say I did not expect this meme to be passed on to me...I have been criticized quite often about my choice of reading material (fluff, girly, superficial, and so on though my dad puts it the best - "Sunny sands, palm trees swaying, nature at its most exotic, a Hero with a grecian nose and a Romanesque build with a spirited heroine who is both earthy and angelic) but to all those people who have said this (excluding my dad - he meant this in jest) I have only one reply - I like this stuff. For me reading is an escape from reality. I think I have more than enough reality in my life to want more in the books I read.

But there is another side of my personality that I like to explore via the world of books - that of true crime with all its sweat, blood, gore and grittiness. I confess I am an eccentric and my books reflect that.

So here goes -

1. You're stuck inside Farenheit 451, which book do u want to be?
I have so many books in mind that I am not quite sure which one to focus on. But to keep the faith I will choose and I pick - the entire Enid Blyton Series of Pink Whistle, Famous Five and Secret Seven. That was about how much I could narrow it down.

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Yup and surprisingly enough despite my fickle mind, I have had only one crush and it ain't in the past yet - Mr. Darcy from "Pride and Prejudice", the novel not the movie, though Martin Henderson is a good looking guy. Anyways I am digressing (and it only takes a good looking face for that to happen), this is one character that I have not gotten over and am not sure I ever will...sauve, sophisticated, exasperating and the list goes on. To put it succintly he is the only guy I felt like slapping and slobbering over, simultaneously.

3. The last book you bought is --
Leading Men of MGM -- I have always been fascinated by the stars of yesteryear - Clark Gable, Cary Grant, Spencer Tracy, Jimmy Stewart, Rock Hudson, Frank Sinatra, the list is endless. This was pure destiny - I did not know I was looking for such till it fell into my lap when I was in a used book store looking for some more "fluff" to read.

4. The last book you read is --
"The Da Vinci Code" - illustrated version - I was speechless (well for a short while anyway).

5. What are you currently reading?
'If Tomorrow Comes'(AGAIN) by Sidney Sheldon - another need of mine that needs to be satiated periodically - the triumph of good over evil (well Sheldon does it in a classy and sneaky way).

6. Five books you would take to a deserted island?
Harry Potter (all 6 of 'em), Tintin and Asterix (the series - hats of to Herge and Uderzo), Jane Austen (P & P, S & S), "Windmills of the Gods" (Sidney Sheldon), and "The Goal" (Eliyahu Goldratt).

7. Who are you going to pass this stick to and why?
Interesting question - I shall turn it into a contest. Who ever wants to be sent this Meme, email me and I shall do it based on FCFS, LCFS, Random, (well anything that catches my fancy when I am making the decision). So play and ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On that note, this is Me signing off - Vannakam.

1 Comments:

At June 21, 2005 at 9:38:00 AM EDT , Blogger anantha said...

Kya be.. aaj taak this was invisible? Draft mode mein tha kya?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home