Friday, March 21, 2008

Discovery of India ..... a journey that began 18 years ago!

For me anyway ... 18 years ago was when my life inexorably intermingled with 'Bharat Ek Khoj'. I of course did not know it at the time. I was a wee babe then but I used to try and see what I could make of this 'dark' (for some reason I remember the film quality being dark) foray into India's past ... Of course my clearest memory of Bharat Ek Khoj today is the haunting introductory chant .... with music by Vanraj Bhatia.

" SrushTee se pehle sat nahin thaa, asat bhi nahin.
Antariksh bhi nahin, aakaash bhi nahin thaa.
Chhipaa thaa kyaa, kahaan, kisne Dhakaa thaa.
Us pal to agam, aTal jal bhi kahaan thaa. "

The words still ring in my ear (Well .... a good reason for this could also be that I have been listening to this everyday while I work for the past week). I have therefore decided to read the masterpiece that was the reason for this televised saga. Amazon had it and now so do I. Will let you know how it goes!

~~ Ciao.

1 Comments:

At April 4, 2008 at 5:43:00 AM EDT , Blogger dumka said...

that was one of my favourites during good old doordarshan days of childhood and of course the song was an integral part of it. nice to read about it. do post your experience with the book

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home